Technicians License Preparation Class
Get started in a fun hobby where you can communicate around the world or across town.
The Technician class license is the entry-level license of choice for most new ham radio operators. To earn the Technician license requires passing one examination totaling 35 questions on radio theory, regulations and operating practices. The license gives access to all Amateur Radio frequencies above 30 megahertz, allowing these licensees the ability to communicate locally and most often within North America. It also allows for some limited privileges on the HF (also called “short wave”) bands used for international communications.
This class is sponsored by the Maple Grove Radio Club – a service oriented club serving the Northwest suburbs by providing assistance to public safety, hospitals, parades, fun runs, bike tours, and antique car runs to mention a few.
This is a study class where we will assist you with your learning. That means that you are expected to study between classes.
- When: Every Monday from Feb 5th, 2024 to April 8th.
- Class time 6:45 – 9:15 pm
- Where: Online with Zoom, link will be sent to students prior to class.
- We may also have optional in-person classes for demonstrations. These are not required for the exam, but will be very useful to help you understand amateur radio and get on the air. The in-person classes will be at the Chester Bird Post #523 of The American Legion at 200 Lilac Dr. in Golden Valley.
- Cost: $10.00 Due first day of class.
- You will also need to purchase “The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 5th Edition” for about $33.
Details and a PayPal invoice will be emailed to you after you register for the class.
To Register or get answers to your questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, Address, and phone contact information as well as your email address.
Our online VE sessions prioritize students of our classes. Go to exam.mnyarc.org for more information and to make an appointment. We will schedule additional sessions depending on the class size.
To learn more about the Maple Grove Radio Club, please visit: www.k0ltc.org