General License Preparation Class
Upgrade to an General License with this class..
The General Class license is the second of three US Amateur Radio licenses. To upgrade to General Class, you must already hold a Technician Class license (or have recently passed the Technician license exam). Upgrading to a General license–which conveys extensive HF privileges—only requires passing a written examination. Once you do, the entire range of operating modes and the majority of the amateur spectrum below 30 MHz become available to you.
This class is sponsored by the Maple Grove Radio Club – a service oriented club serving the Northwest suburbs by providing assistance to public safety, hospitals, parades, fun runs, bike tours, and antique car runs to mention a few.
This is a study class where we will assist you with your learning. That means that you are expected to study between classes.
- When: Mondays, starting Oct 4th, 2021, 6:45-9:15pm. About 11-12 weeks usually ending with an exam a week before Christmas
- Where: ONLINE using Zoom. The link to the Zoom meeting will be sent prior to the first class.
- Supplemental sessions: We will also have a few supplemental in-person sessions as part of the class. These sessions will cover additional material not on the exam and will allow some hands on experience, but are not required to pass the exam.
- Cost: $10 Registration fee is due first night of class. This will be collected via PayPal. Payment details will be emailed to you after you register for the class.
- ARRL General Class License Manual 9th Edition. Available on Amazon or the ARRL web site for about $30.
- Registration or questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Class License exam will be offered online during the week of the last class for an additional $15 fee.
To learn more about the Maple Grove Radio Club, please visit: www.k0ltc.org