General License Preparation Class
Upgrade to an General License with this class..
The General Class license is the second of three US Amateur Radio licenses. To upgrade to General Class, you must already hold a Technician Class license (or have recently passed the Technician license exam). Upgrading to a General license–which conveys extensive HF privileges—only requires passing a written examination. Once you do, the entire range of operating modes and the majority of the amateur spectrum below 30 MHz become available to you.
This class is sponsored by the Maple Grove Radio Club – a service oriented club serving the Northwest suburbs by providing assistance to public safety, hospitals, parades, fun runs, bike tours, and antique car runs to mention a few.
This is a study class where we will assist you with your learning. That means that you are expected to study between classes.
- When: Thursdays, starting October 3rd, 2019, for 10 weeks (skipping Thanksgiving day).
- Where: Maple Grove Fire Station #2
Upper entrance 13450 Maple Knoll Way
Corner of Elm Creek Blvd and Maple Knoll Way
- Cost: $10 Registration fee is due first night of class.
- ARRL General Class License Manual 9th Edition. Available on Amazon or the ARRL web site for about $30.
- Registration or questions: email email@example.com
Their will be a VE session to take the exam on Thursday Dec 19th for an additional fee of about $15.00.
To learn more about the Maple Grove Radio Club, please visit: www.k0ltc.org